This page is about the Recreation Ground Charity.
The charity is formally registered with the Charity Commission as # 301763.
Matters relating to the Braishfield Football Club Pavilion can be found on the Braishfield Football Club Pavilion page.
History of the Recreation Ground
The land which forms the recreation ground and car park was granted under trust by A.C. King of Braishfield Manor in November 1922 for use as a recreation ground. See the splendid conveyance document – or you may prefer to read the transcript of the conveyance.
Braishfield Parish Council took over as trustees of the recreation ground in 1956 – the council did not come into existence until 1951 and the trustees had previously been members of the local community.
The village hall was constructed on a site to the north east of the recreation ground in 1980 – on land which was not part of the recreation ground. At that time, the current car park was constructed on the northern part of the recreation ground, and serves both users of the hall and users of the recreation ground. The car park also provides a means of access to the hall.
Recreation Ground Charity Accounts
Recreation Ground Documents
The following documents relate to the recreation ground, other than those associated with the football pavilion, which can be found on the Braishfield Football Club Pavilion page.
The reason for the many tree works permissions in recent years is a result of the recreation ground being within the conservation area, which requires planning permission for any works relating to trees over a particular size.