The following is the weekly crime report from Romsey Rural Area from Hampshire Constabulary….
Dear All,Weekly beat report from 17/10/2014 – 28/10/2014Weekly update reported crime Romsey rural, we hope you find this week’s circulation useful. We have worked hard to ensure the information is current and accurate.**If you know anyone who would like to receive the weekly crime report please let me know. Please email me a name, first line of address and contact telephone number**TRAVELLERS ~ Nil to reportA3090 ~ Nothing to reportABBEY PARK PREMIER WAY ~ Nothing to reportABBOTSWOOD ESTATE ~ Nothing to reportAMPFIELD ~ Nothing to reportASHFIELD ~ Nothing to reportAWBRIDGE ~ Romsey Road attempt dwelling break-in- 24/10/14 between 1100hrs and 1430 hrs person/s unknown have attempted to force open the front door by removing a number of screws, no entry gained.BRAISHFIELD ~ Nothing to reportBELBINS ~ Nothing to reportBOARDLANDS PARK ~ Nothing to reportCARTERS CLAY ~ Nothing to reportCRAMPMOOR ~ Nothing to reportDUNBRIDGE ~ Nothing to reportEAST DEAN ~ Nothing to reportEAST TYTHERLEY ~ vehicle fire Coach Road – 26/10/14 at 0210 hrs report of a vehicle on fire, on police attendance the vehicle was well alight, it was thought the vehicle was the Mondeo involved in an incident earlier in the evening where a number of vehicles were damaged whilst parked in a car park.It was also discovered two tyres on the police car were slashed at the same time. Police enquiries are on going.EAST WELLOW ~ The Frenches – 20/10/14 between 1700 and 1730 hrs aggrieves vehicle has been broken into by person/s unknown. The front passenger window has been smashed and purse containing bank cards and Id cards has been stolen.Non dwelling burglary Whinwhistle Road – during the day on the 21/10/14 person/s unknown have gained entry to an out building and stolen a black B-Twin racing bike with a white seat and a Tomastsu 3.5HP outboard motor. Romsey police are appealing for any information please call 101 quoting reference number 44140380496GREATBRIDGE ROAD ~ Nothing to reportHIGHWOOD ~ Nothing to reportKIMBRIDGE ~ Nothing to reportLEE ~ Nothing to reportLOCKERLEY – criminal damage – 23/10/14 person/s unknown have smashed a window in Butlers Close possibly by using an air rifle – police are appealing for any information please call 101.Theft – of a child pink scooter possibly stolen from outside a block of flats in Butlers Close, any information please call 101 quoting reference number 44140383991Damage caused by vehicle – 25/10/14 at 2125 hrs Romsey police are appealing for any information leading to the conviction of a white male driving a gold/silver mondeo car, index similar to *AG03EZV** or **AG03BZV** or **AG03RZV male and a female passenger were seen to be in a car park of a local business ramming vehicles causing damage to a number of parked cars in the car park. Romsey police are appealing for any information please call 101 quoting 44140385496. All calls and information will be in the strictest confidence.MOTTISFONT ~ Nothing to reportMICHELEMERSH and TIMSBURY ~ over night on the 18/10/14 person/s unknown have stolen number plates belonging to three vehicles parked on the forecourt on a business premises, index numbers of stolen plates are **LB04WYP**, **HK03CNA**, YG51XMO** any information please call 101OWER ~ Nothing to reportPAUNCEFOOT HILL ~ Nothing to reportPLAITFORD ~ Nothing to reportPREMIER WAY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE ~ Nothing to reportSHERFIELD ENGLISH ~ Nothing to reportSHOOTASH ~ Nothing to reportSTANBRIDGE ~ Nothing to reportWEST DEAN ~ Nothing to reportWEST TYTHERLEY ~ theft from vehicle 17/10/14 between 1140hrs and 1200 hrs person/s unknown have smashed the passenger window of a vehicle parked near to the church, and stolen a handbag hidden behind the passenger seat.Theft – between 13/10/14 -120/10/14 person/s unknown have stolen a Wessex goods trailer dark grey, with a ladder rack attached on the rear. The trailer displayed a number plate ending in **EAA**. Any information please call Romsey police on 101 quoting incident number 44140378656Theft from vehicle – over night on the 20/10/14 person/s unknown have stolen £100.00 worth of diesel from a digger and a dumper truck parked on the verge.Suspicious vehicle – 23/10/14 at 2000 hrs reported of a suspicious white ford transit van index number **NH05OAN** possibly involved in crime or poaching, any sighting please call Romsey police on 101WEST WELLOW AND CANADA ~ Nothing to reportGENERAL CRIME PREVENTION ADVICE – please readMOBILE PHONE ENFORCEMENT things to knowThe Facts
- You’re four times more likely to crash if you use a mobile phone while driving
- Reaction times for drivers using a phone are around 50% slower than normal driving
- Even careful drivers can be distracted by a call or text – and a split-second lapse in concentration could result in a crashLaw:
- It’s illegal to ride a motorcycle or drive using hand-held phones or similar devices.
- The rules are the same if you’re stopped at traffic lights or queuing in traffic.
- It’s also illegal to use a hand-held phone or similar device when supervising a learner driver or rider.Useful informationPenalties for using your phone while drivingYou can get an automatic fixed penalty notice if you’re caught using a hand-held phone while driving or riding. You’ll get 3 penalty points on your licence and a fine of £100.Your case could also go to court and you could be disqualified from driving or riding and get a maximum fine of £1,000. Drivers of buses or goods vehicles could get a maximum fine of £2,500.Referral CourseWithin Hampshire we run a Driver Diversion Course as an alternative to prosecution for using a mobile phone whilst driving. The cost of the course is £85 and run by AA DriveTech. A person is only entitled to complete one of these courses in a three year period. The course is available to drivers, regardless of whether they are learner drivers, new drivers or have previous endorsements on their licence. Officers will deal with this matter by reporting person and filling out details on a T60, offence code RC86321, value £100New driversYou’ll lose your licence if you get 6 or more penalty points within 2 years of passing your test.When you can use a phone in your vehicleIf you’re the driver, you can only use your phone in a vehicle if you:
- need to call 999 or 112 in an emergency and it’s unsafe or impractical to stop
- are safely parkedUsing hands-free devices when drivingYou can use hands-free phones, sat navs and 2-way radios when you’re driving or riding. But if the police think you’re distracted and not in control of your vehicle you could still get stopped and penalised.CAR CRIME ADVICE TO BE AWARE – We are still getting reports of theft from vehicles This is a reminder to all ……PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLE ITEMS IN VEHICLES Please make contact with me either on email or 101 if you require Police Notice to be put in your vehicle stating that …………..ON THE ADVISE OF HAMPSHIRE CONSTABULARY NO VALUABLES HAVE BEEN LEFT IN THIS VEHICLE.CRIME PREVENTION ADVICE ON HEATING OILPLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HEATING OIL TANKS ARE SECURE AND REGULARY CHECKED – Now the winter months are coming please do not hesitate to make contact with us if you require any crime prevention advice.HEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH – we are looking to set up Neighbourhood Watches in all areas of the rural. If you have some spare time and wish to help in assisting or setting up a Neighbourhood watch in your area please contact me.SHED AND OUTBUILDING CRIME PREVENTION ADVICE – please readRecord serial numbers on tools and equipment, take photos or mark your property so it can be indentified, the police recover a large amount of stolen property and are not always able to return the property back to the rightful owner.WARNING~ Hampshire County Council Trading Standards ServiceRogue Traders operate in all areas of Hampshire offering a number of services. Please beware and report any door to door callers/salesmen on ~ 01962 833620 or emailIf anyone has any information about traders who are cold calling or requires any advice on doorstep crime they can contact Hampshire County Council’sQuick Response Team on 01962 833666(Monday – Friday 0900hrs to 1700hrs)Specially trained officers are on hand to provide advice.If assistance is required outside of these hours please contact Hampshire Police on their non-urgent number 101 or dial 999 if you feel threatened or intimidated.Property Security – Register your items for free at www.immobilise.com using this service will assist the police in returning property to the rightful owner.This is a good time to address your home and business security by checking and fixing doors, windows and locks. Making sure fencing and gates are in good order and secure.Suspicious Activity ~ please report to the police on 101 or if a crime is taking place call 999.Vehicles Seized ~ Nil to reportGood news stories ~VEHICLES OF INTEREST ~ grey ford mondeo index number **EF04YXX** possibly involved in crimeSuspicious white ford transit van index number **NH05OAN** possibly involved in crime.RomseyPolicePLEASE REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IN YOUR AREA ON 101 (NON EMERGENCY NUMBER OR IF A CRIME IS TAKING PLACE THE 999Kind regardsJo, Vern and Dave**NB: Please bear in mind that although the vehicle details given below have been reported by members of the public as being seen in suspicious circumstances, it may be that they are going about their lawful business and/or may not have been taken correctly by the person reporting the incident.**Please remember to update us of any change to your contact details so we can keep our records up to date.Jo ColePCSO 13289Romsey Rural Safer Neighbourhood TeamContact no ~ 101