There are seven seats on the Parish Council. The Council is qualified to operate the General Power of Competence under the Localism Act 2011.
Some Councillors have volunteered to “champion” certain topics (shown in brackets below). All Councillors are members of the Planning Committee. Click on the name of a Councillor to send an email directly; or for general enquiries, contact the Clerk.
- Chairman of the Parish Council Mike Edwards (spokesperson for the Council; village hall liaison) Tel: 01794 368193
- Cllr Jane Bennett (Emergency Planning / Community Resilience) Tel: 01794 368109
- Cllr Richard Brazier – Chairman of the Planning Committee (planning, village association liaison) Tel: 01794 368414
- Cllr Carole Renvoize (community liaison, play area) Tel: 01794 368766
- Cllr Mark Swinstead (agriculture/farming liaison)
- Cllr Peter White (rights of way) Tel: 01794 368203
More information about local councils can be found in the National Association of Local Council’s booklet All About Local Councils.
Members’ Financial Interests
On acceptance of the role of Councillor, all members publicly declare their financial interests. These can be viewed here.
The Council has one officer who has the role of Proper Officer, Responsible Financial Officer and Clerk (generally referred to as Clerk). The current Clerk is Kate Orange, who holds a CiLCA qualification (Certificate in Local Council Administration) with distinction, and was Hampshire Association of Local Councils Clerk of the Year 2016.
See the election results below. Some members are appointed between elections by co-option, in which case they will not appear in the election results.
Councillors – please use the Login Page