For general enquiries, contact the Clerk.
About the Council
There are seven seats on the Parish Council. The Council is qualified to operate the General Power of Competence under the Localism Act 2011.
The Council is a corporate body (a legal entity separate from its Members) which means that any action or decision is made by the Council as a whole – not by individual Councillors. However, our Councillors have diverse skills and some have volunteered to “champion” certain topics (shown in brackets below). All Councillors are members of the Planning Committee; some sit on our working parties alongside members of the public. Click on the name of a Councillor to send an email directly (or for general enquiries, contact the Clerk.)
- Chairman of the Parish Council and Vice Chairman of the Planning Committee, Jane Bennett
- spokesperson for the Council; Emergency Planning / Community Resilience working party, recreation ground, signage, burial ground
- Tel: 01794 368109; or for urgent matters only please, 07823 320910
- Vice Chairman of the Parish Council Mike Edwards
- Chairman’s duties in their absence; village hall liaison, Emergency Planning / Community Resilience working party, recreation ground, Crook Hill footpath
- Tel: 01794 368193
- Cllr Richard Brazier – Chairman of the Planning Committee
- VDS working party, roads/traffic issues, signage, school, burial ground, flags
- Tel: 01794 368414
- Cllr Ian Knights – joined the Council 1 May 2018
- village hall liaison, Emergency Planning / Community Resilience working party, signage, school, agriculture/farming, rights of way
- Tel: 01794 368516
- Cllr Carole Renvoize
- community liaison, play area, village library/kiosk, Crook Hill footpath, War Memorial
- Tel: 01794 368766
- Cllr Mark Swinstead
- agriculture/farming liaison, Emergency Planning / Community Resilience working party, roads/traffic issues, pond
- Tel: 01794 367849
- Cllr Peter White
- rights of way, recreation ground, charity commission matters, legal matters, financial checking
- Tel: 01794 368203
Registrations of Members’ Pecuniary Interests
On acceptance of the role of Councillor, all members publicly declare their financial interests. These can be viewed here.
The Council has one officer who has the role of Proper Officer, Responsible Financial Officer and Clerk (generally referred to as Clerk). The current Clerk is Kate Orange, who holds a CiLCA qualification (Certificate in Local Council Administration) with distinction, and was Hampshire Association of Local Councils Clerk of the Year 2016.
See the election results below. Some members are appointed between elections by co-option, in which case they will not appear in the election results.
Councillors – please use the Login Page