Your local planning authority is responsible for deciding whether a development, anything from an extension on a house to a new shopping centre, should go ahead. In most cases, the local planning authority is Test Valley Borough Council (TVBC); but certain specialist applications (eg. related to waste treatment sites) are determined by Hampshire County Council.
The Government has published a plain English guide giving an overview of how the planning system works in England.
If you are in any doubt as to whether any work that you are planning requires planning permission, you should contact Test Valley Borough Council in the first instance. This includes any work to trees in the Conservation Area.
Braishfield Parish Council as “Consultee”
Braishfield Parish Council is a “consultee” on all applications within the parish. This is because it is important that local planning authorities identify and consider all relevant planning issues associated with a proposed development. Consultees may be able to offer particular insights or detailed information which is relevant to the consideration of the application. But the application is determined by the local planning authority, not the parish council.
When deciding its comments for the local planning authority, the Parish Council will consider the application with reference to the following documents: Village Design Statement , Conservation Area document, Local Plan. Listed Buildings are given additional protection in law.
The Parish Council decides its comments through its Planning Committee, of which all Councillors are members. Members and the Committee follow the Council’s Planning Committee Terms of Reference and Planning Code.
You can contact Braishfield Parish Council to express views on an application, and your view will be considered when the Parish Council decides its comment for the local planning authority. But the Parish Council may not agree with your views, and in any case you should also make your own formal comment to the local planning authority.
Planning applications are published on the TVBC planning site here:
Each application is given a reference number such as 14/01537/FULLS and this must be used to find the documents for the application. It is possible for anyone to make comments about each application, either online or in writing to TVBC. The most recent planning applications affecting Braishfield are also listed below, for convenience.
Braishfield Parish Council has a 3 week period from the publication of an application to make comments to TVBC. The Council’s comments are decided by its Planning Committee, which will respond in one of 3 ways:
- “Support” – where we are in favour of an application
- “No objection” – where we have no particular opinion about an application
- “Object” – where we have concerns about any aspect of the application. We must use this response in any case where we have comments about the application, even where the comments are about details of an application that we are broadly in favour of, in order for TVBC to consider our comments.
Neighbours and members of the public are also able to make a formal comment, via the TVBC website or in writing.
Recent planning applications for Braishfield
- 19/00247/TREES 6/2/2019 - T1 Conifer – Crown reduce lowering height upto 3m and reduce latural branches upto 2m The Wheatsheaf Braishfield Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0QE View full details on the planning authority (Test Valley Borough Council) website here. Consultation expiry: Mon 25 Feb 2019 Comment from Braishfield Parish Council as a consultee: tba Test Valley Borough Council decision: […]
- 18/02818/LBWS 6/2/2019 - External and internal alterations of coach house to provide ancillary games room, playroom and snug to the main farmhouse Paynes Hay Farm Paynes Hay Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PS View full details on the planning authority (Test Valley Borough Council) website here Consultation expiry: Wed 06 Feb 2019 Comment from Braishfield Parish Council as a […]
- 18/02817/FULLS 6/2/2019 - External and internal alterations of coach house to provide ancillary games room, playroom and snug to the main farmhouse Paynes Hay Farm Paynes Hay Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PS View full details on the planning authority (Test Valley Borough Council) website here. Consultation expiry: Wed 06 Feb 2019 Comment from Braishfield Parish Council as a consultee: tvbc1802817fulls […]
- 18/03352/FULLS 6/2/2019 - New single storey link extension between existing property & existing pool house / garage, conversion of garage to gym, pool facilities and new accommodation within existing loft space, internal alterations to existing property and extension of hard landscaping to rear. Spinney Corner Church Lane Braishfield SO51 0QH Consultation expiry: Tue 29 Jan 2019 View full details […]
- 19/00057/FULLS 6/2/2019 - Erection of a detached oak framed garage/workshop and a storage space above Eldon House Eldon Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PT View full details on the planning authority (Test Valley Borough Council) website here Consultation expiry: Fri 01 Feb 2019 Comment from Braishfield Parish Council as a consultee: tvbc1900057fulls Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- 18/02820/FULLS – PERMISSION subject to conditions & notes 28/11/2018 - Erection of below ground partially enclosed swimming pool and pool house Paynes Hay Farm Paynes Hay Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PS Planning authority: Test Valley Borough Council View the full details on the planning authority website here Consultation expiry: 30-11-2018 Braishfield Parish Council comment as a consultee to the planning authority: tvbc1802820fulls Planning authority decision: […]
- 18/02713/FULLS – WITHDRAWN 28/11/2018 - Proposed residential dwelling for supported living 12 Hill View Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PP Planning authority: Test Valley Borough Council View the full details on the planning authority website here Consultation Expiry: 27/11/18 Braishfield Parish Council comment to TVBC, as a consultee: tvbc1802713FULLS Planning authority decision: WITHDRAWN
- 18/02851/AGNS – decision: PRIOR APPROVAL NOT REQUIRED 28/11/2018 - Agricultural notification for general purpose agricultural/farm building Paynes Hay Farm Paynes Hay Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PS Planning authority: Test Valley Borough Council Consultation expiry: 11/09/18 View the full details on the planning authority website here Braishfield Parish Council comment to TVBC, as a consultee: tvbc_18002851agns Planning authority decision: PRIOR APPROVAL NOT REQUIRED
- 18/03055/VARS – PERMISSION subject to conditions & notes 28/11/2018 - To vary condition 2 (approved plans) of 18/01983/FULLS (Erection of replacement dwelling and garage, with associated parking, turning, landscaping, amenity space, and access) to replace drawing 180205-107 with 180205-109 and 180205-108 with 180205-110 to allow for minor internal changes, inclusion of balcony, replace external door with window, and minor change to positioning of dwelling Broad […]
- Proposed Diversion of Footpath 4 7/11/2018 - Under Section 119, Highways Act 1980, Hampshire Council have issued an Order for the diversion of part of Footpath 4, which may proceed as an “unopposed order” unless representations or objections are received by 30 November 2018. The Order is here, including a map and details of where to send representations/objections: TheHampshireTestValleyBoroughNo13ParishOfBraishfieldFootpathNo4PublicPathDiversionAndDefinitiveMapAndStatementModificationOrder2018 Comment of Braishfield Parish […]
Click here to see all planning applications for Braishfield since July 2014.
Braishfield Affordable Housing proposal
One of the more significant – and controversial – planning matters in recent years is the affordable housing proposal. Some of the history and related documents are shown on the Braishfield Affordable Housing proposal page.