This page deals with planning matters.
Planning applications are handled primarily by Test Valley Borough Council, or in more specialised cases by Hampshire County Council – for example, applications related to waste treatment sites.
Planning applications are published on the TVBC planning site here:
Each application is given a reference number such as 14/01537/FULLS and this must be used to find the documents for the application. It is possible for anyone to make comments about each application, either online or in writing to TVBC. The most recent planning applications affecting Braishfield are also listed below, for convenience.
Braishfield Parish Council has a 3 week period from the publication of an application to make comments to TVBC. Braishfield PC will respond in one of 3 ways:
- “Support” – where we are in favour of an application
- “No objection” – where we have no particular opinion about an application
- “Object” – where we have concerns about any aspect of the application. We must use this response in any case where we have comments about the application, even where the comments are about details of an application that we are broadly in favour of, in order for TVBC to consider our comments.
Anyone can contact Braishfield PC to express their views on an application and any comments will be taken into consideration when the council prepares its response to TVBC. However, it is important to remember that the ultimate decisions are made by TVBC and it is important that any views are also expressed directly to them.
Braishfield has a Village Design Statement and a Conservation Area, which are relevant for planning matters. Braishfield PC takes both of these documents into account in the consideration of any planning application.
Listed buildings which are treated specially in respect of planning are described on the Listed Buildings page.
Recent planning applications for Braishfield
- 17/00386/TREES 16/2/2017 - Carry out tree works as per schedule All Saints Church Church Lane Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0QH View full details on the Test Valley Borough Council website here. Braishfield Parish Council comment: Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- 17/00133/CLPS 10/2/2017 - Certificate of Proposed Lawful Development for a Timber outbuilding to the back boundary of rear garden to form garden room 12 Hill View Road Braishfield SO51 0PP View the full details at the Test Valley Borough Council planning portal here Braishfield Parish Council comment: TVBC1700133clps Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- 17/00145/FULLS 10/2/2017 - Erection of accommodation building comprising 6 letting rooms Dog And Crook Braishfield Road Crookhill Romsey Hampshire SO51 0QB View the full details at the Test Valley Borough Council planning portal here Braishfield Parish Council comment: TVBC1700145fulls Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- 17/00190/FULLS 10/2/2017 - Erection of detached garage Newport Inn Newport Lane Braishfield SO51 0PL View the full details on Test Valley Borough Council’s planning portal here Braishfield Parish Council comment: TVBC1700190fulls Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- 17/00267/FULLS 10/2/2017 - Extend width of vehicle and pedestrian access to property 9 Common Hill Road Braishfield SO51 0QF View full details, and comment at Test Valley Borough Council’s planning portal here Braishfield Parish Council comment: TVBC1700267fulls Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- PROPOSED LORRY RESTRICTIONS TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER 2017 FOR THE BRAISHFIELD AND KING’S SOMBORNE AREA – STATUTORY PUBLIC CONSULTATION 11/1/2017 - This is a public consultation by Test Valley Borough Council, regarding proposed lorry restrictions on roads in the parish. Please see the explanatory letter and accompanying Lorry Restriction Exhibition Plan. The Parish Council considered this during the Meeting of 17/1/17, and decided the following comment: Braishfield Parish Council strongly support the above proposed Order. Residents express […]
- 17/00047/FULLS 11/1/2017 - Two storey side extension, single storey rear extension, new porch and creation of loft room with rear dormer (re-submission) 7 Hill View Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PP View the full details on Test Valley Borough Council’s website here. Consultation expiry: unavailable Braishfield Parish Council comment: TVBC1700047FULLS Test Valley Borough Council decision: PERMISSION subject to […]
- 16/02975/TREES 2/12/2016 - 1 yew, remove low branches Boares Garden, Braishfield Road Consultation end: 20/12/16 Braishfield Parish Council comment: pending consideration in meeting of 6/12/16 Test Valley Borough Council decision: pending consideration
- 16/02891/TREES 18/11/2016 - Reduce height of 3 x Maple by 1m, trim shorter branches by up to 18″ (46cm) to reshape Land To The Front Of 9 Blackthorn Close Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PX Consultation expiry: Fri 09 Dec 2016 Braishfield Parish Council comment: pending consideration TVBC Status: pending consideration View the full details at the Test Valley […]
- 16/02800/TREES 18/11/2016 - Coppard Field Maple (T1) to height of 1.5 metres, dismantle Silver Birch (T2) and leave stem in length, reduce English Oak (T3) by 1.5 metres, dismantle Cherry (T4), reduce crown of Yew (T5), reduce height of Birch (T6) Cherry Hill Braishfield Road Braishfield Romsey Hampshire SO51 0PR Consultation expiry: Thu 01 Dec 2016 Braishfield Parish […]
Click here to see all planning applications for Braishfield since July 2014.
Braishfield Affordable Housing proposal
One of the more significant – and controversial – planning matters in recent years is the affordable housing proposal. Some of the history and related documents are shown on the Braishfield Affordable Housing proposal page.