Welcome to the website of Braishfield Parish Council.
To navigate the site, use the menu at the top of the page. The main purpose of this site is to publish information about the activities of Braishfield Parish Council, but it also provides other information about the village which may be of interest. There is a related website which covers many other aspects of Braishfield village life which is linked here: http://www.braishfield.org/
The Parish of Braishfield
Braishfield is a village and a civic parish, located in Test Valley Borough of Hampshire, some 3 miles north east of the town of Romsey. See the Wikipedia page for further information.
- Braishfield Parish Council Election 2019: Notice of Uncontested Election April 4, 2019
- Borough Elections 2019 – Statement of Persons Nominated April 4, 2019
- Notice of Election for Borough and Parish Councillors March 22, 2019
- Hampshire County Council is rolling out superfast broadband February 26, 2019
- Hampshire County Council’s news-release on Snow and Ice February 18, 2019
- Waste Prevention Community Grant Fund February 18, 2019
- Details of Election January 29, 2019
Parish Council in brief
Your parish council is an elected body in the first tier of local government. It has some legal powers, and a few duties, which enable it to respond to the needs of the community. We have the ability to give community grants and other support to community groups.
We keep a watching brief on a number of matters which fall under the responsibility either of Test Valley Borough Council (TVBC) or Hampshire County Council (HCC). We are able to give the local perspective on important issues which affect our community; and in these cases, the council operates mainly through formal communications with those other tiers of local government:
- Planning (TVBC)
- Waste Management and Recycling (TVBC)
- Highways and Road Safety (HCC)
- Footpaths (HCC)
- Transport (HCC)
Braishfield Parish Council has direct responsibility for:
- The Recreation Ground
- The Village Pond
- The War Memorial
- The historic red telephone box
- Braishfield “free library” (book exchange)
- Defibrillator and emergency telephone
- Noticeboards and newspaper box
- Bus shelter
The recreation ground and the war memorial are each held in trust by the parish council, and are managed as charities.